The Medical Office Receptionist is responsible for helping to ensure a pleasant, productive and confidential patient experience. This person fulfills the job functions listed below and is available to help the doctor, nurse and other staff as needed. If you feel like you are a good fit for the job and our team please use the apply button at the bottom of the page and someone from our team will reach out to you.
Essential Job Functions:
– Answers phones in a friendly, professional manner.
– Screens incoming calls.
– Relays phone messages.
– Obtains, documents and files clinical notes and other information.
– Contacts new patients to verify and document personal information.
– Verifies and documents patient insurance benefits, eligibility, and pre-certification.
– Prepares new patient files.
– Files chart information as obtained.
– Checks patients in and out.
– Obtains payment from patients.
– Performs patient appointment reminder calls.
– Schedules and reschedules patients.
– Arranges referrals to other health care providers and centers.
– Maintains supplies and keeps the office tidy.
– Keeps office equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and calling for repairs.
– Maintains confidentiality pursuant to HIPAA requirements.
– Performs other duties as required by the company.
– Must have high school diploma or GED.
– Must be available for occasional overtime.
– Must be available for occasional travel.
– Must be computer literate, including familiarity with MS Windows, MS Excel, and MS Word.
– Bilingual (English / Spanish) candidates with 2 or more experience in medical office settings will be given preference.
– Full Time
– Team Oriented
– Small Office Environment
– Health Insurance
– Paid Time Off
– Day shift
– Monday to Friday
– Medical Receptionist: 2 years (Preferred)
– Medical Office (not including hospitals, labs, or dental): 1 year (Required)
– Follows office policies and procedures
– Positive, respectful attitude
– Good Attendance Record
– Honest & Ethical
– Attention to Detail
– Business Knowledge
– Creating a Safe, Effective Environment
– Customer Focus
– Medical Teamwork
– PC Proficiency
– Quality Focus
– Reporting Skills
– Supply Management
– Telephone Skills
– Time Management
– Verbal Communication
– Word Processing
4515 Lakeshore Drive
Waco, TX 76710
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the company and its’ patients.